30 May 2012

Who I read

I am a long-time Amazon.com customer. Back in the day when Amazon started they had amongst all their features a subscriber tool where one could list their favorite authors and be notified whenever that author published something new. It was simple and useful. I am very busy. I don't make it to bookstores very often nor do I read about upcoming books very often. I do however get Amazon's emails and I always bought the books of the authors I follow as soon as I was notified. For some reason I cannot fathom Amazon took away this simple service. I still get Amazon emails but they rarely target the authors I like which is even more surprising since I usually buy my books from Amazon, especially now that Borders has closed (We will save that rant for a different post.), and Amazon still does not update me about my authors. Dumb. What an easy marketing tool. Anyway, to preserve my own memory and to publicly show what a unfocused reader I am here are the authors I read. Amazon, if you are listening, wtf? Let me know if any of these people publish something new, I will almost certainly buy it immediately.

Authors
Karen Traviss (Gears of War, Halo, Star Wars)
Richard Marcinko (Rogue Warrior)
Mario Acevedo (Felix Gomez)
Tana French (Dublin Murder Squad)
Jon Talton (David Mapstone)
Naomi Novik (Temeraire)
Benjamin Black
Rafik Schami
Greg Bear
Brad Warner
Susan Casey
Sean Connolly
Mary Roach
Dava Sobel
Larry Gonick
Robert Zubrin

Subjects
Halo
Gears of War
Phoenix
Arizona
Buddhism
Zen
Christianity
Physics
Chemistry
Astronomy
Mathematics
Mars
Ocean Science
Surfing
Navy
Education
Rugby
Coaching
Athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment